The Apprenticeship Opportunity At Anglo American is a way to start your professional life with the help of a large company, which will provide the necessary training and support for the exercised roles.
This is an excellent way to enter the job market without experience, as the company trains young people, who knows, so they can grow within the corporation, or even look for something better in the market, as they gain knowledge in the area.
Want to know more about how to participate? See below for more program details and how to apply.
About Anglo American Learnerships
Anglo American is one of the world’s largest mining companies, with a focus on platinum group metals, nickel, diamonds, copper, metallurgical and thermal coal, and iron ore. The Anglo American Learnerships program offers talented candidates a great learning experience.
Anglo American South Africa has 76,000 permanent employees and 24,240 contractors, making it the country’s largest private sector employer.
Companies controlled by Anglo American account for approximately 15% of the value of companies listed on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange).
Anglo-American South Africa believes in the future of South Africa and, to that end, intends to make a lasting contribution to the development of South Africa and its people. This is done in the form of annual scholarships and the Anglo American Learnerships program.
Anglo American offers people from different communities a variety of learning opportunities in different regions of South Africa. These Learnerships are part of the government’s National Skills Development Strategy to build skills to alleviate poverty and unemployment, as well as its own policies. of Anglo American.
The Anglo-American school is open to those with the necessary qualifications required in accordance with the requirements established for the student. There are several Anglo American students offered to applicants and graduates in the different sections of Anglo American.
Who can apply to the Apprenticeship Opportunity At Anglo American
The minimum requirements to participate in the Apprenticeship Opportunity At Anglo American include:
- Being a South African Citizen
- Have a good knowledge of safety regulations and systems and standards.
- Consideration for safety and having an excellent safety record
- Possess N2/N3 technical qualification with relevant subjects, namely: Automobile Electrician (Science and Mathematics, Electrotechnological/Electric Trade Theory or Industrial Electronics); Diesel mechanic (Diesel Trade Theory, Mathematics, Engineering Design, Science); Fitter, including machining (Science, Mathematics, Assembly, Engineering Design & Machining Trade Theory); Rigger (Engineering Drawing, Mathematics, Theory of Commerce Rigger, Science).
- Has a valid driver’s license (provincial K53) without an endorsement
- Have a valid Certificate of Aptitude
- Have at least 1 year of experience in the underground mining environment. This will be to his or her advantage.
- Be aware of the fact that he must be willing to work shifts and be on call and make calls when necessary.
- Be willing to go for a psychometric assessment
How to Apply for the Apprenticeship Opportunity At Anglo American
To apply for Anglo American Thermal Coal Learnership, you must complete an application form.
Applications are made online and can only be made through the Anglo-American job portal.
ArcelorMittal Apprenticeship Programmes – Applications and Qualifies
You can access the app by clicking on this link, which will take you to the Anglo American Employment Portal. When applying for the presidency, be sure to specify the learning post you are applying for (eg Anglo American Thermal Coal Learnership: Kriel Colliery Ref)
Next, be sure to sign the application form yourself and attach certified copies of your certificates and Identity Card (these copies must have been certified within the last 3 months)