Job vacancies are open for General Workers, to play an important auxiliary role in the construction of roads, buildings or other structures, and may also act in the transport of materials and equipment.
The duties of ordinary workers depend on the environment in which they work and their level of expertise. They typically work on construction sites, helping to erect scaffolding, cleaning sites and assisting skilled workers such as painters and electricians.
Occasionally, ordinary workers take on hazardous tasks, such as handling chemicals or removing lead from buildings. In such cases, it may be necessary to schedule a training session on how to use hazardous materials safely.
The general job functions of workers include:
- Cleaning construction sites of debris and machinery
- Helping to erect scaffolding and ladders
- Handling and transporting materials (e.g. cement)
What qualifications are needed for the vacancies of General Workers?
As for the general workers qualifications, there are generally no educational requirements, but formal or informal learning through unions or contractors is common. In general, key skills for workers also include tenacity, ability to follow instructions, and commitment to safety.
One of the most important duties of a regular worker is to collect garbage, debris and other waste to keep the place clean and safe. You will also be able to handle power tools and materials such as saws and drills. You must be able to focus on completing tasks and obeying safety rules.
SAPS Careers, Traineeships and Internships in All Provinces
If you fit this description and are also interested in some hard but important work, see how to apply below!
- Capable of meeting the physical demands of the job (long stays, lifting up to 40 lbs, etc.)
- good coordination
- Familiarity with electrical tools and machines is a communication and teamwork advantage;
- Commitment to Safety Rules
- Learning or specialization is an asset, but not mandatory
Below are the job vacancies open now in March for you who are looking for a replacement in the job market:
- General Worker, Middleburg – TWK Agri
- General Worker II – Rescue Management and Disposals
- Kitchen Cleaner – São Pedro Preparatory School
- Store Cleaner, Midlands Mall at Dis-Chem Pharmacies
- General Worker – AVBOB
- General Worker, Stacker – Premier
- General Worker – Unitrans Recruitment
- General Worker, Loader – Premier Fort Jackson Bakery
- Cleaner (5/8th post) – Western Cape Department of Health
- General Worker, Micro Store – RCL Foods
- Pickers and Checkers – Food Lovers Market
- Char (Cleaner) – Rescue and Discard Management
- General Worker, Mpumalanga at Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa
- General Worker, Loader – Premier